Monday, December 20, 2010

Boulder Milestones: CLE #1

Okay, as a "milestone," this one is pretty pathetic -- and it was technically in Denver, not in Boulder.  But I did attend my first legal education class today.  Titled "Practicing with Professionalism," it's a required class for admission to the Colorado bar, which is the only reason I dragged myself out of bed this morning.  (Well, that and the fact that I had to prepay for it.)  The sky on the drive in nearly made up for the early hour.


However, the next six hours effectively canceled out that nice view.  They were, to put it mildly, less than exciting.  To illustrate (literally) how dull the course was, as well as how generally uninformative it was, I present you with the sum total of the notes I took in those six hours:


I kid you not.

However, I really can't complain.  Well, that's not true at all, as evidenced by the above paragraphs.  Make that: I really shouldn't complain.  Neil and I just had a lovely weekend in Aspen, completely with a great snowfall and a friendly dog.  Though Neil did manage to injure himself on what turned out to be the last run of the day (diagnosis: separated shoulder), we've been told he will make a full recovery and that no amputation will be necessary, though I did sharpen my knives just in case I should be called into service.

No comments:

Post a Comment