"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word . . . A Texan outside of Texas is a foreigner." (John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley, 1964)
Thursday, December 16, 2010
So much for the snow
There wasn't any snow by the time I went to bed last night, so when I got up this morning, I went eagerly to peer out the window to see...nary a flake! Guess the weather forecasters got that one a little wrong. The morning forecast is still calling for a 40 percent chance of snow this afternoon, but I am currently wary of such predictions. I had been hoping to wake up to a neighborhood blanketed in white! (Easy for me to say, of course: my "commute" is only as far as my computer, where my bar-review lectures await.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment